Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Cherry Salmon of Japan

Transparent Watercolor on Crescent Mat Board. Image Size: 10" x 5"
Juvenile Masu Salmon (Called Amago) in Freshwater Parr Markings
Detail of the Amago Parr
Adult Masu (Also called Cherry) Salmon
in Spawning Colors (Called Wedding Dress in Japan)
after returning from the sea for 3 to 7 years to breed.
Transparent Watercolor on Crescent Mat Board
Image Size is 18" x 8".
All Photography is non-professional

The watercolor study of the Amago Parr juvenile completes
the work for my new watercolor study of The masu (Cherry) Salmon
showing the variances between the Adult Male in Spawning Colors-
I love the cherry colored markings- and the freshwater juvenile Amago,
before it goes to sea for years. The Parr stage lasts 2 to 3 years.

I will be trying something new with this painting-
after I get the images made for Giclee printing, I am
having it framed by Smith Custom Framing in
New Cumberland in a Triangle Shape- the smaller Parr Amago
over the Masu Salmon.

The Masu Salmon is found only in Japan, Taiwan and Korea,
with the subspecies I have chosen to paint found only in Japan.

THOM GLACE WATERCOLORS
(Joint on-line venture with my Montana Gallery)



No comments:

Post a Comment