Sunday, February 27, 2011

Canvas Capers

Oversized Canvas Giclee Prints of an Arctic Char Study
and a Colorful Canvas Giclee of a Lahontan Cutthroat Trout.
Closeup of the Lahontan Cutthroat Trout Canvas Giclee.

On some of my latest prints, my Giclee Printer-
Jim Davis at Art Repro Services Had fun with
my request for a few Canvas Giclees to see how 
my clients and myself would like canvas 
instead of Paper Giclee Prints. He cam back with an assortment 
of fun prints that added more than a touch of color to my art!

I then went to one of my galleries- 
Smith Custom Framing & Fine Art Gallery
in New Cumberland, PA
And asked the owner, Debbie Smith to help. She had a free hand 
in coming up with a way to frame and present this new endeavor.
(She is the lady pictured above)
According to her- she framed to Giclee Canvas Prints with these choices:

The original sized Lahontan Cutthroat Trout with 
a neon yellow/green background was stacked with 3 frames.
The outer frame is done with Larson Juhl's Taffy line in Lemon, 
the next frame is mottled vibrant green by Presto Moulding
and accented with a Larson Juhl Light Blue Confetti fillet 
to bring out the fine outline around the fish.

The 2 oversized Giclee Canvas Prints of the Arctic Char 
are framed with Larson Juhl's fun and fanciful Taffy Profile.
On the Black Background version, Debbie used a Raspberry Taffy 
to make the Char 'pop' 
and on the white background version, she used
 the Green Apple Taffy moulding, complementing
the Arctic Char dominant colors. 
The startling differences in the 2 Char Prints is amazing! 

While I have done a few canvas prints in the past,
about a year or two ago, I never experimented with
colors and frames. Since I am excusively a
transparent watercolorist, I am not use to what was available
with the presentation found with using canvas instead of
a paper print or original double matted under glass.
This has been a real eye opener- 
that I wanted to pass onto you. I am looking for
more fun ways to explore my presentation of my art!

THOM GLACE WATERCOLORS

Don't forget to check out the Camp Hill Plein Art Festival
the week before the Gettysburg Festival with Marybeth Brath.

No comments:

Post a Comment